Mexican Stuffed Chiles
Posted May 29, 2023 by: Admin
This Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is our easy recipe. These Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are loaded with beef, green chiles, onions, enchilada sauce, and lots of cheese! You won’t believe how easy this recipe is and how much your whole family will love it.
Cheese Enchilada Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These cheesy Mexican stuffed peppers are the ultimate comfort food. Bell peppers are the perfect little basket for all this cheesy enchilada delight.
I’m fully aware that you can turn stuffed peppers into a healthy dinner… but that’s not what I did. I made this Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe instead.
I made stuffed peppers into a gooey cheesy mess of delicious flavors! These peppers are stuffed with everything that makes Mexican night a weekly favorite: spicy beef, green chiles, enchilada sauce, sautéed onions, and LOTS OF CHEESE!
These Cheese Enchilada Stuffed Peppers reheat like a dream and are loved by the whole family. And just because they’re baked and inside a vegetable… I’m going to pretend they’re healthy. Shhhh! Don’t burst my bubble. EASY CHEESE ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPERS are my new obsession!
I always knew I loved Tex Mex recipes like our Chicken Tacos and Best Cheese Recipe…but there’s a new favorite in town, the BEST Stuffed Peppers Recipe!
Stuffed Mexican Peppers
This Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe is yet another recipe that proves that cooking can be easy and delicious. Green chiles are my absolute favorite and add just the right amount of kick to this Cheese Enchilada Stuffed Peppers recipe. I literally can’t wait for you guys to try this!
Be sure to try these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers and this Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers recipe.
Can the enchilada stuffed peppers be frozen?
I get this question all the time! The answer is YES, you can freeze stuffed peppers! Make sure everything is fully cooked and cooled before freezing, and be sure to wrap them well (in plastic wrap) and store in an airtight container.
You can also store them in the refrigerator, if you know you will reheat and eat them within 3-5 days. It makes them a great meal for your favorite new mom, friend in need, or spouse for work the next day. High five everywhere!
Can I make these healthy enchilada stuffed peppers?
Of course! If you want your Mexican stuffed peppers to be a bit healthier, all you have to do is watch out for the cheese and sub-ground turkey for the meat. Simple truth?
Your family will love them either way, trust me! You can really make these stuffed peppers as indulgent or as healthy as you like. The choice is yours!
How to make Mexican stuffed peppers
Another thing I love about this easy stuffed bell peppers recipe is how you can customize it to suit your family. So easy, so good, and so much fun. They are quite a sight, whether cooking for your children or entertaining a crowd. Yum Yum!
Here are a few ways you can customize these Mexican Stuffed Peppers to make them perfect for your family:
- Add shredded chicken
- Add quinoa or rice
- Make into other flavors like Hawaiian Stuffed Peppers
- Make them spicy using hot enchilada sauce or jalapenos!
I hope you try these Cheese Enchilada Stuffed Peppers TONIGHT! With only 7 ingredients, what are you waiting for? Enjoy!
If you want to make this Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe for Cinco de Mayo, we have lots of other great recipe ideas to mix and match! Serve with our Mexican Cheese Rice, Homemade Tortilla Chips, Grilled Mexican Corn, and Cowboy Dip Recipe.
Be sure to mix up a Skinny Margarita to round out the meal and celebrate the day. It’s our favorite holiday food…no time for moderation!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Recipe
Preparation: 10 minutes minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes minutes
Total: 50 minutes minutes
Stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner or appetizer option. This Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe is our go to easy recipe because it is SO good. These Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are loaded with beef, green chiles, onions, enchilada sauce, and lots of cheese! You won’t believe how easy this stuffed bell peppers recipe is and how much your whole family will love it.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (we love REYNOLDS!) and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, breaking up as it cooks. If there is extra oil after the meat is fully cooked, drain and return to the heat.
- Add taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Add the onions and let cook with the meat.
- When the meat is almost cooked and the onions start to turn translucent, add the green chiles and enchilada sauce. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Cut off the top of each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds. Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
- To stuff each pepper, start with several tablespoons of beef, then a half cup of cheese, then fill almost to the top with beef. Top with another 1/2 cup of cheese (depending on the size of the pepper, 1/4 cup of cheese would do the trick. Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on top of the pepper. Repeat with the remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Calories: 410 kcal (21%) Carbohydrates: 14 g (5%) Protein: 39 g (78%) Fat: 21 g (32%) Saturated Fat: 12 g (75%) Cholesterol: 123 mg (41%) Sodium : 1282 mg (56%) Potassium: 700 mg (20%) Fiber: 4 g (17%) Sugar: 6 g (7%) Vitamin A: 1610 IU (32%) Vitamin C: 109.8 mg (133%) ) Calcium: 404 mg (40%) Iron: 4.4 mg ( 24%).