Easy One Pot French Onion Pasta Recipe
Posted November 14, 2022 by: Admin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz dried orecchiette or other short cut pasta
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs and toasted breadcrumbs for serving (optional)
- Heat oil over a large skillet over medium heat. When shimmering, add the onions and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently until deeply caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and add the flour. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- Pour in the beef stock (or vegetable stock) and water. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil then add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. (Keep in mind that other pasta shapes will have different cook times).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sherry vinegar. Serve warm.
Thanks for your SHARES!