Easy Chowking Braised Beef Rice Bowl Recipe
Posted November 14, 2022 by: Admin
- 500 g flank steak, cut into cubes
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced round (about 1-inch thick)
- ½ tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup of water
- 3 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 pieces of star anise
- 4 pieces of clove
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Chopped chives (to decorate)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
HOW TO COOK:
- Pour and heat the cooking oil in a saucepan (with a lid) over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic and onion until slightly tender.
- Add the meat pieces and brown the meat in hot oil on all sides, for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the carrots, cornstarch, and spring onions) and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat down to low.
- Let it cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until the meat is tender (add a little water if the meat is not yet tender at this point).
- Add the carrot and cornstarch mixture and boil the sauce for about 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Steam rice in bowls, top with braised beef and garnish with some chopped spring onions. Enjoy!