Potato and butternut squash gratin recipe
Posted October 31, 2023 by: Admin
La pizza petit-déjeuner s’inspire vaguement de la pizza traditionnelle et se situe dans le vaste domaine de la pizza dessert. Cependant, plutôt que d’adhérer strictement aux normes de la pizza conventionnelle, cette délicieuse recette est un succulent moyen de savourer une combinaison délectable de glucides, d’œufs brouillés et de bacon. Elle constitue un moyen efficace et agréable de savourer ces délices du petit-déjeuner.
Comment préparer une pizza petit-déjeuner ?
To prepare a delicious breakfast pizza, start by spreading store-bought dough onto a baking pan and quickly baking it in the oven. Then, add a generous layer of cheese, toppings of your choice, lightly scrambled eggs, and crumbled crispy bacon. Bake it again for a second round to allow the cheese to melt and the flavors to harmoniously blend.
The preparation only requires about thirty minutes of work, and you can speed it up by cooking the bacon and crumbling it in advance. Just refrigerate it until needed, up to two days.
How to Top Your Breakfast Pizza?
To enhance the quality of the breakfast pizza, we add sautéed onions and peppers, giving it a delicious flavor and vibrant colors. However, the topping possibilities are limitless, allowing you to explore different directions. Consider your favorite pizza toppings and experiment with them here.
Mushrooms, spinach, canned artichokes, olives, sliced jalapeños, or even dollops of ricotta or pesto can perfectly complement the dish. If bacon isn’t your preference, you can opt for cooked and crumbled breakfast sausages, spicy Mexican chorizo, or vegetarian sausages, providing a delightful touch.
- 6 thick slices of bacon (about 9 ounces)
- 1 tube (13 4/5 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
- Sliced shallots
- Gather all necessary ingredients and preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a rack on top. Lay the bacon slices on the rack, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Bake the bacon in the preheated oven until thoroughly cooked and crispy, which should take around 16 to 20 minutes. Once done, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Let it cool for about 5 minutes, then chop it into large bite-sized pieces. Reserve the bacon for later use.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet or a large baking sheet, gently stretching it to fit all edges.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven until it turns slightly golden, about 8 minutes. Once done, remove the crust from the oven and set it aside.
- While the crust is baking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions, green peppers, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook and occasionally stir until the onions and peppers have softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer this onion mixture to a small bowl and set it aside. There’s no need to clean the skillet.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, the remaining half teaspoon of salt, and ground black pepper until well combined.
- In the same skillet used for the onions and peppers, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Pour in the egg mixture and continuously stir until the eggs begin to set and hold their shape, about 5 minutes. Remember not to fully cook the eggs at this stage as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the pizza! Evenly spread the shredded sharp cheddar and low-moisture partially skimmed mozzarella onto the partially baked crust, leaving a half-inch border around the edges. Spread the sautéed onion and pepper mixture over the cheese. Then, evenly spread the partially cooked scrambled eggs over the onion and pepper mixture, and finally, top it all off with chopped bacon.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted, and the crust turns a golden brown color. This usually takes between 6 and 8 minutes.
- Once the pizza is ready, remove it from the oven and top it with sliced shallots if desired.
Serve the delicious breakfast pizza while it’s hot and ready to be enjoyed!