Delicious Recipe: Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet
Posted September 3, 2023 by: Admin
Prepare a delectable Garlic Butter Steak with Potatoes Skillet using just one pan. This uncomplicated yet immensely flavorful recipe involves searing and cooking the steak and potatoes to perfection, resulting in juicy steak and golden-crisp potatoes bathed in a luscious sauce infused with garlic, herbs, and butter. Utilizing flank steak adds the benefit of being both lean and tender, ensuring the success of this garlic butter steak recipe, even for beginners. In under 30 minutes, you’ll savor the most exquisite pan-seared steak and potatoes you’ve ever experienced!
Ingredients list for the steak and potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (650g) flank steak, sliced against the grain (or ribeye steak, tenderloin, strip loin, strip steak…)
- 1 1/2 lb (650g) baby yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. Take a large bowl and combine the steak strips with soy sauce, olive oil, pepper, and hot sauce. Allow the steak strips to marinate while you proceed with cooking the potatoes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Toss in the potato wedges and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Stir them and continue cooking for an extra 4-5 minutes until the potato wedges turn a beautiful golden color and become tender when pierced with a fork. Transfer these sautéed potatoes to a plate and keep them aside.
3. In the same skillet, set the heat to medium and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, along with garlic, red chili pepper flakes, and fresh herbs. Arrange the steak strips in a single layer in the skillet, reserving the drained steak marinade for later use. Sear the steak strips on each side for approximately 1 minute until they achieve a lovely browned appearance. Adjust the cooking time based on your preferred level of doneness.
4. Just before the garlic butter steak reaches perfection, you can mix in the reserved marinade and cook for one more minute. Reintroduce the potato wedges to the skillet alongside the garlic butter steak and heat everything through. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
5. Remove the skillet from heat and promptly serve the steak and potatoes. For added flavor and presentation, you can garnish with additional crushed chili pepper, fresh herbs, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese over the potatoes if desired. Enjoy your meal!
Tips for the steak and potatoes recipe
- If you want to speed up the cooking time for the potatoes and ensure a nice golden crust, you can pre-cook the potato wedges in boiling salted water for 8 minutes before browning them in the skillet.
- For a more tender steak, you can choose cuts like ribeye steak, tenderloin, strip loin, or strip steak to accompany the potatoes.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan with the beef strips to prevent them from steaming. Cook them in batches if necessary.
What Should I Serve with Steak?
This steak and potatoes recipe is a complete meal on its own, but you can easily add your own personal touch. Serve the steak with roasted asparagus or roasted carrots for a delicious side dish. If you’re a garlic lover, you can also roast a whole head of garlic and serve it along with the steak and potatoes.