Lemon Cake Roll with a Delicious Cream Cheese Filling
Posted July 14, 2023 by: Admin
Today, we present a luscious creation that will transport your taste buds to a realm of pure citrus bliss. Behold, our magnificent Lemon Cake Roll!
This exquisite confection embodies the perfect harmony between softness and moisture. Every bite unveils a burst of zesty lemon notes, dancing elegantly on your palate. The delicate texture of the cake is an ode to culinary finesse, crafted with utmost precision and care.
But what truly sets this Lemon Cake Roll apart is its luxurious cream cheese filling. Silky and decadent, it elevates the cake to celestial heights. The smooth cream cheese perfectly complements the tangy lemon, forming an alliance of flavors that will captivate your senses.
lemon swiss roll
Let me tell you about what an absolute stunner a Lemon Swiss Roll is! Picture this: a light and fluffy cake, delicately infused with refreshing lemon flavor and generously spread with a delicious tart filling. It’s like a burst of sunshine in every bite! I don’t know about you, but just thinking about it makes me want to run to the kitchen and make a batch right away. There’s something about the combination of zingy citrus and fluffy sweet cake that’s just irresistible.
We also have a Blueberry Lemon Cake Roll with a homemade lemon cake with blueberry cream cheese filling that you will love too.
what you will need
lemon cake mix and the ingredients to make the cake, eggs, water, oil and a lemon.
Cream Cheese Filling: softened cream cheese, cool whip (or make our homemade whipped cream) and marshmallow fluff.
How to make lemon cake
Make the cake: Using a stand mixer, beat, on high speed, the eggs until pale yellow and thick. Add the rest of the tart ingredients and beat on medium speed. Pour cake mix between prepared pan or jello pan and bake until cake springs back when touched.
Roll up the cakes: While the cakes are still warm, begin to carefully roll them into a log. She repeats with the second cake. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before placing it in the fridge for an hour.
Make the filling: Beat filling ingredients until combined and form stiff peaks with a whisk. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Remove the pies from the fridge, carefully unroll and spread the filling between the pies. Carefully fold the cakes up and place them back in the refrigerator, seam side down, overnight.
When ready to serve, sprinkle powdered sugar on top and pour some cold whip on top. Enjoy!
Tips, tricks and variations of this lemon dessert
Perfecting the Sponge: For a light and fluffy cake, be sure to beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale in color. This step incorporates air into the dough, resulting in a tender cake.
Spicy Lemon Filling: For a burst of intense lemon flavor, try adding freshly grated lemon zest to your filling. It will improve acidity and bring a vibrant citrus aroma to every bite. You can add lemon syrup, more lemon juice, or lemon extract to the cake batter.
Rolling technique: To prevent cracking as you roll the cake, roll it gently with a clean kitchen towel or parchment paper while it’s still warm. This will help the cake hold its shape and create those beautiful swirls.
Experiment with fillers: While lemon is a classic choice, feel free to get creative with your fillings. You can try variations like raspberry jam, whipped cream with fresh berries, like blueberries, lemon curd, or even a decadent chocolate ganache. The options are endless!
Decorate with style: Once you’ve assembled your lemon Swiss roll, you can give it an extra touch of elegance by dusting it with powdered sugar, adding a sprinkle of lemon zest on top, or garnishing it with fresh berries or mint leaves. Let your imagination run wild!
Preparation and storage: Lemon Swiss rolls can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a day or two. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or an airtight container to maintain their freshness. They also freeze well, so you can cut up and freeze individual servings for future enjoyment.
More Rolled Cake Recipes
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 1 10 x 15 and 12 x 8 baking sheet with pam baking spray. Line a sheet of parchment paper on the tray and trim any protruding edges.
- Spray the parchment paper with the baking spray as well.
- Using a stand mixer, beat all 6 eggs for about 8 minutes until they appear pale yellow and thick.
- Add cake mix, water, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Gradually start mixing the ingredients slowly before increasing the mixing speed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly and place both pans in the oven for about 10-14 minutes or until the cake rises when lightly touched.
- Place two clean sheets of parchment paper on the counter.
- Once the timer goes off and the cakes are removed from the oven, instantly flip one cake upside down onto one of the parchment papers. Remove the original sheet of parchment paper from the cake where it was baked.
- While the cake is still warm, begin to carefully roll it into a log.
- Repeat steps with second cake.
- Allow the cake to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Using a large bowl and a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the entire 7 oz container of the marshmallow fluff into the bowl and beat until combined. Beat cold whip until combined and thick.
- Once the time for the rolled biscuits has passed, take them out of the fridge and carefully unroll the biscuits.
- Spread half of the filling over the cakes and carefully roll them back up.
- Put back in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle powdered sugar on top and pour some cold whip on top. Enjoyment!