Korean style lamb chops
Posted July 14, 2023 by: Admin
Savor the extraordinary harmony of Korean-inspired cuisine with our exceptional Korean-style lamb chops. Meticulously marinated for a couple of hours, these succulent cuts of premium lamb are elevated to unrivaled levels of flavor. A symphony of mild spice and delightful savor awaits as each bite transports you to the vibrant streets of Seoul.
Immerse your senses in the artful fusion of aromatic Korean spices and tantalizing herbs, meticulously curated to deliver a culinary masterpiece. This dish exemplifies the perfect balance between intensity and subtlety, showcasing the culinary finesse that has made Korean cuisine a global sensation. Prepare to be captivated by an unforgettable dining experience.
Have you tried gochujang yet?
I like to use it when I make my Spicy Pork Ramen, Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl, Korean Steak Sandwich, and also as a vegetarian bibimbap dipping sauce.
It is a Korean sauce or paste with a smoky-sweet and spicy flavor. Some brands are spicier than others. I’ve been using pasta (instead of sauce) a lot recently, which has a bit of a kick to it, but the kids will still eat as long as they take a big gulp of water!
For this recipe, gochujang is used as part of a marinade, which adds so much flavor! You don’t even need to marinate Korean-style lamb chops for too long.
I have marinated it for 30 minutes and it tasted great! and I’ve marinated it for up to 6 hours, which was a bit more intense in flavor, and the meat was a bit more tender as well. However, I wouldn’t hesitate to go for 30 minutes if I was in a hurry.
Lamb Chops – You can buy these individually or you can use a French cut rack of lamb and cut into individual chops.
What to serve it with
I was planning to save a couple for chopping, so I could add some fried rice later in the week, but nope. They were all gone, and we were all left with orange fingers and faces.
We start with knives and forks, but since these Korean-style lamb chops are quite small, I think it’s best to dig in there.
I managed 4, he taunted 5 and the kids had 2 each. A good size portion is probably £3 each but we are a bit greedy…
Korean Style Lamb Chops
These Korean-style lamb chops are mildly spicy and totally delicious – marinate for a couple of hours for more flavor!
- Preparation time 5 minutes minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes minutes
- marinating time 2 hours hrs
- Total time 2 hours hrs 15 minutes mins
- Dinner Course
- asian cuisine
- Servings 12 lamb chops
- Calories 187 kcal
To prepare the marinated lamb chops, follow these steps:
- In a large bowl, combine ½ cup (100g) gochujang paste, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons mirin, 2 teaspoons minced ginger, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Mix well.
- Add 12 lamb chops to the bowl and coat them thoroughly with the marinade. Ensure all the chops are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to 12 hours for maximum flavor. If you’re short on time, marinating for 30-45 minutes will still yield good results.
- Remove the marinated lamb chops from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of neutral cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the lamb chops in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown. Depending on the size of the skillet, you may need to cook the chops in two batches. Keep the first batch warm in a low oven if necessary.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the lamb chops with 1 tablespoon of black and white mixed sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of shichimi togarashi, and 4 chopped scallions (scallions).
- Serve the marinated lamb chops with a side of your choice, such as a big green salad.
- Enjoy your deliciously flavored lamb chops!