Greek Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Posted October 16, 2023 by: Admin
Delight in the flavors of red onion, oregano, parsley, feta cheese, and ground chicken melded into these Greek chicken burgers. Crowned with a zesty yogurt sauce, these burgers offer a scrumptious twist on the classic burger. Serve them nestled in a bun, wrapped in lettuce, or artfully placed atop a bed of greens for a protein-packed meal that sings with Greek essence.
To complement these Greek chicken burgers, I prepared a homemade yogurt sauce inspired by tzatziki. However, for the sake of convenience, you have the option to use store-bought tzatziki sauce. Additionally, while these burgers are designed with ground chicken, ground turkey can be an equally satisfying substitute.
Greek Chicken Burgers
Crafted for the epicurean in a hurry, these healthful chicken burgers burst with the essence of Greece! Expertly grilled and crowned with a refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce, these Greek chicken burgers are a culinary treasure. You can savor them nestled in a bun, wrapped in crisp lettuce, or elegantly placed atop your preferred salad.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
Yogurt Sauce (optional):
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated, cored cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the sauce ingredients: Greek yogurt, cucumber, parsley, dill, lemon juice, and grated garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the burger ingredients: ground chicken, red onion, oregano, parsley, garlic, feta, breadcrumbs, and egg. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- After mixing, divide the chicken mixture into four equal portions and shape them into patties with your hands.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, then grill the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Once the burgers are done, remove them from the grill and assemble them on buns with your choice of yogurt sauce or tzatziki, along with your preferred toppings.
- Any leftover burger patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty
- Calories: 238 calories
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 24 grams