Easy Chicken Bopis Recipe
Posted November 15, 2022 by: Admin
Do you ever want to eat chicken at our favorite Bopis? Now you can with this unique recipe:
- 500 g clean chicken gizzards
- 500 g clean chicken heart
- 2 pieces of medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large daikon radish, grated
- 3 pieces of medium red onion, chopped
- 1 piece of small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 piece of medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 pieces of dried bay leaves
- 2 thumbs of minced ginger
- ¼ cup achiote seeds
- 5 pieces of Thai chili (or siling labuyo), chopped
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of pate
- 1 to 1½ cups of water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Additional water to boil
HOW TO COOK:
- In a pressure cooker, heat 6 cups of water.
- Add the chicken gizzard, then cover and pressure cook for 15 minutes (you can also boil in a regular pot for 45 minutes).
- Remove from the pot and chop the gizzard into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the chicken heart then boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and chop the heart into small pieces and set aside.
- Make achiote oil by heating cooking oil in a saucepan
- Add the achiote seeds then simmer until the oil turns red.
- Heat a pot and pour in the achiote oil (filter the seeds).
- Once it’s hot enough, sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, and tomato.
- Add the minced chicken gizzard then cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken heart then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chili and bay leaves.
- Pour the soy sauce into the pot, then stir.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and bring the mixture back to a boil.
- Stir and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, daikon radish, and red bell pepper, then stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Enjoy!