Easy Baked Cheesy Mussels Recipe
Posted November 11, 2022 by: Admin
- 1 kg of tahong (mussels)
- Quick melt cheese, grated
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 head of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
HOW TO COOK:
- Prepare the fresh mussels by removing the ‘beard’ and then wash them.
- Steam the mussels by placing them in a pan without water and then cover.
- Cook over medium-low heat until shells open.
- Let it cool for a while and remove the other half of the shells.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the salt and garlic, then cook until tender.
- Remove from heat and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Top each mussel with a teaspoon of the butter-garlic mixture.
- Add the grated cheese on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 355 F or 180 C.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the mussels on top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving tray. Enjoy!