Greek Omelette Casserole
Posted October 10, 2023 by: Admin
Are you struggling to find time for a nutritious weekday breakfast? Look no further! This Greek omelette casserole is the perfect solution for busy mornings, allowing you to enjoy a hearty and satisfying breakfast throughout the week.
I must confess my fondness for omelette casseroles; not only do I frequently prepare and share them on my Instagram stories, but I’ve also previously shared several recipes, including the immensely popular spinach breakfast casserole. While some individuals may have concerns about consuming eggs regularly, the key is to prioritize the purchase of high-quality eggs.
I understand that navigating the egg section at the grocery store can be overwhelming, with egg cartons adorned with nutrition-related terminology. That’s precisely why I penned my guide on selecting healthy eggs; it equips you with the knowledge you need to make informed choices.
This Greek omelette casserole serves as a fantastic breakfast option that can be prepared in advance and yields enough servings to last the entire week. Plus, it stores exceptionally well in the fridge, eliminating the temptation to hit the snooze button and ensuring that breakfast is ready to go.
Greek Omelette Casserole
The beauty of this Greek omelette casserole recipe lies in its versatility, allowing you to mix and match vegetables based on what you have readily available.
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cups spinach, densely packed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 2-quart or 9×9-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add diced onion, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender and translucent.
- Add spinach, oregano, and salt, cooking until the spinach wilts and reduces in volume.
- Transfer the cooked onion and spinach mixture to the baking dish, then add chopped tomatoes and crumbled feta. Ensure even distribution by using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and stir thoroughly to blend the eggs and vegetables.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the center.
- Serve either warm or cold. This dish can be refrigerated and covered for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 148 calories
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 11 grams