Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Posted October 6, 2023 by: Admin
Indulge in the holiday spirit with these soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies! Bursting with the comforting warmth of spices, these irresistible treats are a perfect way to spread holiday joy with your loved ones.
When it comes to holiday baking, I’m all about authenticity. While it’s tempting to make healthier versions of treats, there’s no need to worry about indulging in the real deal once in a while. Most homemade baked goods are made from real ingredients, and moderation is key to enjoying them guilt-free. Quality over quantity, right?
Homemade Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
These ginger molasses cookies are soft, chewy, and incredibly simple to make. The recipe yields two dozen cookies, but you can easily adjust the quantities to meet your needs.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Coarse or granulated sugar for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt; stir to mix.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, and egg.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients, and using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix until well incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour; this helps the dough hold together and ensures tender cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, portion the dough into 1 tablespoon balls, roll them evenly, place them on the baking sheet, gently flatten them, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies crack and set around the edges (overbaked cookies won’t be chewy).
- Let the cookies cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These ginger molasses cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 114 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Protein: 2 grams