Posted May 28, 2023 by: Admin
I mean, I have to balance preparing healthy (or at least semi-healthy) meals, something that will keep them full and energized, and something that is relatively easy for a working mom who also has to take care of her family. All the while making the kids (and even my husband!) something they really like and want to eat. It’s always been a struggle, but I’ve found tips and tricks that help me achieve the ultimate goal: get them to eat.
Well, I have looked far and wide for healthy recipes to serve them, but they always stay away from things that seem too healthy. What they really like are casseroles, so I decided to give them a try. Anything for them to eat and enjoy dinner!
Well, it’s been a huge success and everyone loves to look forward to whatever stew I make. They give me suggestions, tell me new ideas, and tell me what their friends’ moms are doing so I can do something similar. I love that they enjoy eating now and make casseroles for them all the time!
Farmer’s Casserole is a great way to start the day. It combines great ingredients in every bite and it makes for a delicious breakfast! My mom brought this recipe with her while they were visiting for Thanksgiving and we made it on her last morning here.
They all loved it! Potatoes, eggs, cheese, ham and onions make for an amazing meal and I will be making it again for Christmas day. It can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning. I love that I won’t have to spend more time in the kitchen on Christmas morning so I can spend every minute with my family and enjoy watching my kids open their presents and see what Santa brought them!
You will need to:
- 6 cups of chopped potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 ½ cups shredded low-fat colby or monterey cheese
- 6 slices of diced Canadian bacon.
- 2 sliced green onions.
- 24 oz (2 cans) nonfat evaporated milk.
- 2 cups of egg beaters egg replacer.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- instructions next page
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook potatoes until lightly browned.
- Place the potatoes in the saucepan. Top with ham, cheese, and green onions.
- Mix the egg beaters, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Then pour over the potato mixture.
- In a preheated 375° oven, bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let rest before cutting into 15 equal portions.
- Serve warm.
1- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the potatoes until lightly brown.
2- Place the potatoes in the casserole. Top with ham, cheese and green onions.
3- Mix together the egg beaters, evaporated milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Then pour over the potato mixture.
4- In a preheated oven to 375°, bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
5- Let set before cutting to 15 equal portions.
6- Serve warm.