Delicious Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
Posted October 3, 2023 by: Admin
This strawberry banana bread is a delightful treat that combines the luscious flavors of berries with moist and fluffy bread. It’s an easy and nutritious recipe that’s sure to be a hit with your entire family.
Whether you’re baking for young children, kids, or adults, banana bread is always a beloved choice. It serves as an excellent on-the-go breakfast, a satisfying snack, or even a healthier dessert. Adding fresh strawberries to the classic banana bread recipe takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Whether you’re in the midst of strawberry season or using frozen berries in the heart of winter, this strawberry banana bread recipe offers a delightful and nourishing way to savor the sweetness of juicy strawberries.
Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Bread
- Ripe Bananas: The star ingredient, the riper, the better.
- Strawberries: Essential for that strawberry banana goodness. You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
- All-Purpose Flour: While the recipe calls for all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour can also be used if desired.
- Eggs: To bind the bread and add a protein boost.
- Unsalted Butter: Ensures the banana bread stays moist.
- Greek Yogurt: Adds extra moisture. You can also substitute plain yogurt or sour cream if needed.
- Sugar: A touch of sweetness. Options include white sugar, brown sugar, or coconut sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the sweetness and imparts flavor.
- Leavening Agents: Baking powder and salt for that light and fluffy texture.
To Make it Gluten-Free: Substitute all-purpose flour with 1-to-1 gluten-free flour.
To Make it Dairy-Free: Swap the butter for olive oil or coconut oil and replace the yogurt with coconut yogurt.
To Make it Egg-Free: Use two “flax eggs” as an egg substitute.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
- Mix dry ingredients: Begin by combining the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Then, stir in the mashed banana, egg, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix batter: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix until well combined.
- Fold in strawberries: Incorporate the strawberries into the batter, folding until well distributed.
- Bake: Transfer the batter to a baking pan and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Cool: After baking, allow the banana bread to cool completely in the pan.
- Slice and savor!
For detailed instructions, refer to the recipe card below.
This strawberry banana bread serves as an excellent snack, dessert, or even a breakfast option. To make it a more balanced breakfast, pair it with a side of protein like hard-boiled eggs or a small serving of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
Optional Add-Ins for Banana Strawberry Bread
Want to enhance the flavor of your strawberry banana bread? Consider these add-ins:
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped almonds
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
Should I use fresh or frozen strawberries?
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries in strawberry banana bread. If using frozen strawberries, do not thaw them, dice them while frozen and add them to the batter frozen.
Can I add other fruits?
Yes, you can swap the strawberries for different berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries, or replace the strawberries with fresh cherries or peaches.
Can I make it without yogurt?
You can replace the yogurt in this recipe with sour cream if needed.
Storage + Reheating
To Store: Once cooled, the bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Freeze: Wrap the whole loaf or individual slices in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then place them in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: If you prefer your strawberry banana bread warm, you can reheat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Strawberry Banana Bread
This strawberry banana bread recipe is quick, easy, and a crowd-pleaser for the entire family. It’s also freezer-friendly, so consider making a double batch because it’s sure to disappear quickly.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Add mashed banana, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix, using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, until well combined, with no flour pockets remaining. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Fold in the diced strawberries gently using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. You can cover the bread loosely with aluminum foil 3/4 of the way through to prevent excessive browning. Alternatively, you can use a baking thermometer; the bread is done when the center reaches a temperature between 200°F and 205°F.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes, ideally 1 hour. After cooling, remove the bread from the pan, let it cool completely, and then slice for serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
Sugar: The recipe suggests white sugar, but you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar if desired.
Butter: Unsalted butter provides better flavor balance, but salted butter works as well.
Greek Yogurt: While the recipe calls for Greek yogurt, you can substitute plain yogurt or sour cream as needed.
Strawberries: If necessary, frozen strawberries can be used. Slice them into bite-size pieces while frozen before adding to the batter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 289 calories
- Sugar: 20 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 43 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 5 grams