Grilled bell pepper and garlic salad recipe
Posted July 25, 2023 by: Admin
Here’s today’s delicious recipe: a mouth-watering salad of garlic-marinated roasted peppers, deliciously dressed with a zesty garlic and olive oil vinaigrette. A quick and easy dish, it’s the epitome of a refreshing summer salad, perfect for beating the heat. Peppers and eggplants remain the reigning champions of seasonal vegetables, and serving them as both delectable hot dishes and tantalizing cold delights is a real treat. So, whether you’re in the mood for a hot or cold dish, this salad is sure to impress!
Quick summer roasted bell pepper salad recipe
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy starter that doesn’t keep you in the kitchen too long, look no further! The star of this dish are the peppers, and although they take a little while to cook, I’ve got a time-saving trick. I like to grill the peppers on the barbecue or in the oven, which gives them a delicious smoky flavor.
Summer grilling is a real joy, especially when it comes to vegetables. Eggplants and tomatoes are among the most popular, and taste absolutely fantastic when grilled to perfection. The smoky, charred essence of these vegetables adds an extra dimension of flavor that makes them irresistible. Give this recipe a try and you’ll discover the wonderful world of grilled vegetables in summer, enhancing your culinary experience with every bite.
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Espelette pepper (adjust according to desired spiciness)
- A dash of balsamic or sherry vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by carefully washing and drying the peppers. For cooking, you have two options: either place them in an ovenproof dish and bake at 200°C for 35 minutes, or grill them on the barbecue for around 20 minutes, as I prefer.
- Once the peppers have blistered from cooking, transfer them to a dish lined with cling film, or use a plastic bag for convenience.
- Leave the cooked peppers to cool. Meanwhile, don’t forget to save some of the flavorful juice for later use.
- When the peppers have cooled, carefully remove the skin, seeds and stems, and cut into delicious strips.
- Arrange the bell pepper strips in a dish, varying the colors for an attractive presentation.
- Now prepare the delicious vinaigrette in a salad bowl: mix a tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the reserved bell pepper juice, a dash of Espelette pepper for spiciness, and a little crushed garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the peppers with this delicious vinaigrette and toss gently to coat each strip with flavor. Take your time to taste this delicious vinaigrette and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- To really bring out the flavors, let the peppers marinate for a while. Just before serving, add a final drizzle of olive oil for a touch of richness.
With these simple steps, you’ll have a vibrant and delicious pickled bell pepper dish that’s sure to impress your guests or brighten up your kitchen.