Chocolate Lasagna (No-Bake Dessert)
Posted November 3, 2023 by: Admin
This easy, no-bake dessert is layered with crushed Oreos, cream, and chocolate pudding. Hey, hey, Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing our favorite no-bake chocolate lasagna recipe.
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
This dessert was made popular by Olive Garden’s Chocolate Lasagna. If you like chocolate cake but don’t like to bake, you have found yourself a new favorite dessert recipe. The dessert comes together so quickly. The crunchy Oreo crust with a cheesecake layer and chocolate pudding makes for a phenomenal combination of flavors.
We love make-ahead crowd-pleasing desserts like Panna Cotta and Baklava. This chocolate pudding layer dessert is a winner for parties and potlucks and loved by kids and adults alike.
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna:
- Oreo crust – Using a food processor (or a ziplock bag with a rolling pin), crush Oreos (with their cream), then combine with the melted butter and press into a 9”x13” baking dish. Refrigerate while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
- Cheesecake layer – In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar. Fold in the cool whip. Carefully spread over the Oreo crust. Refrigerate as you prepare the chocolate layer.
- Chocolate pudding layer – Beat the cold milk with instant chocolate pudding until it thickens. Carefully spread over the cheesecake layer. Refrigerate until it sets.
- Cool whip layer – Spread the Cool Whip over the chocolate layer and top with reserved crushed Oreos or your favorite topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and enjoy.
TIPS for the BEST Chocolate Lasagna
- Spread Evenly – It is easier to spread the layers if you add cream and pudding throughout the dish and not in one area.
- Use original Oreos and not the double cream.
- Chill Before Serving: Don’t take out the dish too early when serving. We recommend taking it out right before serving.
- To cut clean pieces: run your knife under warm water and when slicing, continually wipe the knife clean.
Can I Substitute the Cool Whip?
We have found that cool whip will keep longer and hold up better with refrigeration, but it can be substituted with an equal amount of whipped cream sweetened with sugar.
To replace 8 oz of cool whip: beat 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form, then add 3 Tbsp of powdered sugar and continue beating until medium/stiff peaks form. This will make 3 cups of whipped cream.
More Topping Ideas:
You can be adventurous (by adding bacon bits) or more classic toppings once the layers are in place. Here are some options:
- Chocolate mints, broken in pieces
- Mini chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate ganache
- Chocolate shavings
- Crushed Oreos
- Melted chocolate, drizzled
- Dusted with cocoa
Can I Freeze Chocolate Lasagna?
Yes, this dessert is great to freeze, covered. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. You can serve it partially frozen and it will be a little like ice cream cake. Freezing works best when using cool whip without substitutions.
Prepare Oreo crust:
- In a food processor or blender, crush the whole pack of Oreos with their cream until fine crumbs form. Set aside about 3 Tbsp of crushed Oreos for the topping. Transfer to a bowl and combine with melted butter.
- In a 9”x13” baking dish, press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the pan with a spatula to create a crust. Refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake layer.
Prepare Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- In a bowl, beat together the pudding mix and milk until the pudding thickens.
- Spread the chocolate pudding evenly over the cheesecake layer. Refrigerate until pudding sets.